Free Photo iPods

Friday, April 01, 2005

Downward Spiral

I wasn't going to post anything about Paddy Wagon's last night because frankly it sucked ass and I don't want people to feel obligated to give condolences through cyberspace on a trivial matter. I inquired with Kristi about dinner, and she explained she had a boyfriend and didn't realize I was asking like that. Well true I was asking like that but wasn't expecting anything but companionship. Then she said we can still do it as friends which is just a cop out. I'm not going to get in the way and possible cause issues. Seems I'm only ever good enough to be someone's friend.

Now on to the good stuff. Beer. Several people had to take it easy on the spending for next couple of weeks because they just recently got permanent employment I was left drinking with Ben's two friends, Hungry and Andrew. These guys are OK but I barely know them and don't appreciate people that give me shit when they don't know me. I was "late" last night because I have a Commissioner's meeting.

Beer number one for the evening was Murphy's, an Irish Stout. Like all stouts was dark and creamy. It was interesting reading the propaganda on the can about the "draughtflow" that makes the beer pour from the can as if it was from a tap. Good stuff. Give it a try if you like dark beers or stouts.

Beer number two was a Negra Modelo, Mexican dark beer. My Internet research showed that Grupo Modelo brews PacĂ­fico and even Corona. I guess we can call these the Anheuser-Busch of our neighbors to the south. Needless-to-say, Negra Modelo was an excellent beer. I would even say it's better than Dos Equis, and I love Dos Equis. If you like Dos Equis or dark beers you gotta give Negra Modelo a whirl.

Beer number three was a trusty Amberbock and we all know how I feel about this gem. I decided to save the rest of the beers on the Card for when I could celebrate with friends. I wasn't feeling my normal celebratory mood at this moment and wanted to go home.

On a side note, Kristi was convinced to discuss with the owner about adding a couple of more beers to the List. I was out last summer at one of my favorite restaurants in Lexington called the Atomic Cafe. They serve some of the best Caribbean food. The have this rum cake with fresh fruit that is to die for. Atomic was serving a micro-brew from a company called Flying Dog. Doggie Style was their darker beer and with a name like that I was hooked. The stuff is awesome.

Before anyone asks. None of this is an April Fool's joke.