Free Photo iPods

Friday, February 18, 2005

My Childhood Is Being Destroyed

This morning I was listening to the local radio station, Z-Rock 103. Twitch, the DJ, was relaying a story from MSNBC how Warner Bros. is "updating" the Looney Tunes. Warner Bros. is giving the Tunes a "makeover" so that Bugs and company will appeal to this new generation. Now look at this image. These are not the Looney Tunes. This is some whacked out fluffy bunny bullshit.


The article says that these whack jobs are supposed to be the descendants of our beloved Bugs. Get this these "madeover" fucks are superheroes in the year 2772.

This kills me. David Janollari, president of the Kids’ WB, said, “I think the legacy is intact. If anything, it’s an homage to the legacy instead of a destruction of the legacy.” Please. Would I be bitching about this on a blog if it didn't matter to me. You are killing my childhood you corporate gimp.

The article says that the kids loved it. That's great the kids love the pretty colors and these are the same kids who love Barney. Barney the monstrosity that made every parent want to gouge out their eyes. Do corporations not realize that it's the parents that make the decisions on what their children watch and buy the toys kids want? I guess I pray that this is still the case.

OK. I'm done bitching.