Free Photo iPods

Monday, January 10, 2005

Quality Time - part 1

Friday after work I called my brother up to see if he wanted to get a pizza and watch some movies. We were planning on going to Lexington on Saturday to spend our Best Buy gift cards from our Aunt. He was game. I picked him up from the Wesley Foundation on campus and we rolled over to Giovanni's to get a pie. These guys make a pretty good NY-style pizza. You know super that thin but not crunch flopping all over the place goodness. We got our pizza and headed back to my place. I received my first DVD from Blockbuster Online. I signed up as my part of the Free Photo iPod offer. I got "The Perfect Score," it's about six kids that conspire to steal the answers to the SAT test. It was an OK movie for something that MTV Films help put out. The coolest thing in the film was the underlying theme of relating different moments of the film to what S.A.T. stands for. I leave it up to you to find them.

Then, we attempted to watch "The Last Samurai." We all know this is a great film. I never got to see it in the theater, but my old roommate bought it for me as an apology for not realizing he still had one of my other DVD's. As fate would have it I fell asleep while watching this movie like every other time I sit down to watch it. I covered up the little brother and went to bed myself. Set the alarm clock early so we could get the Post Office as they opened. I had some eBay auctions that had to get in the mail.

8:20 was just too damn early for a Saturday but Andy and I were going to have a busy morning in Lexington. I take a shower and let him sleep since I had to take him home to shower before we went to Lexington. It's like pulling teeth to wake him up in the morning. I used to love when I was living at home after college to run and jump on him to wake him up on Saturdays. I would have done that but I was afraid I would break the futon. The thing isn't too sturdy. Once he was awake we struggled to get all the things we needed to take with us to Lexington into my truck. More on that in a bit. I was in and out at the Post Office. Thanks God that place can be a black hole sometimes.

We go to our parents house so diggle-berry can shower. Mom and Dad were up doing a Bible study. I rummage through the cabinets and find some cereal. I hadn't had Honey Nut Cherrios in a long time. Tasted so good. I proceeded to watch the dog stalk my father while he was studying and eating an English muffin with peanut butter and jelly. Seems she is awarded the last couple of bites and knows this. It was a trip watching her pace back and forth. It never ceases to amaze me how much that dog is driven by food. It's not like we don't feed her.

Finally the lump finishes his shower. He is worse than a woman. Say are goodbyes to our parents and we off. Shit, I'd better get gas. I didn't think a third of a tank will get us around Lex and back. Fill up with some Go-Go Juice and grab a pack of cigarettes and now we are off.

*** more to come ***