Free Photo iPods

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Bleed Blue

Last night I went out with some of my fraternity brothers for our monthly Alumni Club Happy Hour meeting. What does that mean? Usually it means drinking beer and throwing darts. Fellowship. Normally the meeting is the second Tuesday of every month and we go to O'Neil's on Richmond Road, but last night we moved to Wednesday to correspond with the UK game. We went to this place called Shamrock's. Seemed like a nice place. Food was good, but we got the shittiest service ever. Our server seemed to go out of his way not to stop at our table. Then charged me for an extra Amberboch and than had the audacity to argue with me about it. Whatever happened to the customer is always right.

We left at halftime. UK was able to squeak out a win of 69-54. I drove back to Richmond and decided I wasn't done drinking. I proceeded to break into my half case of Rolling Rock from Dennis's Hold'Em Party. I got drunk and watched FART: the Movie. Quite literally a shitty movie but fun to watch.

On another more serious note, my buddy had one of these bracelets.

It's fashioned after Lance Armstrong's "Live Strong" bracelet. A portion of the proceeds goes to the Tubby Smith Foundation, which provides millions of dollars to non-profit ogranizations around the state.

If you bleed blue like a true UK fan be sure to pick one of these up at your local Dawahares.