Free Photo iPods

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Christmas Tree is Up

Since the Keg Tree idea didn't quite pan out, my father got me a 3' tree from Wal-Mart a couple days ago. Last night I found some time to setup the tree. I pulled it out of the box and the branches all fell into place. Cake. I simply loath putting the family fake tree together. It's such a pain in the ass and your hands hurt afterwards because the needles are made out of hard flexible plastic that pokes the shit out of your hands. Poor thing still reminded me of that Charlie Brown Christmas twig. I position the tree next to the wall to see how it looks. Looks like the circus midget of the Christmas Tree family.

I start stringing the lights around the tree and that was a bit of an ordeal. You would think that a guy with a college education would just simply pull the tree away from the wall and just spin the tree as the lights wrap around it. Nope I struggled as I tried to position the lights on the side of the tree that faced the wall. Dumbass. Then it dawns on me. Turn the lights on and it sparkles. Perfect.

Time for the ornaments. That Charlie Brown Christmas twig notion gets worse as I start putting my ornaments on it. The strings are all too long since they are made for a normal frickin tree. Branch is here and the ornament hangs down to levels of branches. Plus my ornaments aren't small little things either and take up huge real estate on the tree. Well most of the ornaments are on and there are no bare or over-bearing spots.

Tonight I need to setup the train and make a star. No christmas tree is complete without a star. This is the one redeeming quality in a fake tree, they have that one "branch" that sticks straight up ready to accept whatever christmas tree topper you can think of.